Underutilized Capabilities in the Transfer of New Generic Technologies from Sweden to the Developing Countries
Eighty-five per cent of the world’s population live in poor countries, but they only use between one-third and one-quarter of the energy and one-third of the metals. The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations has repeatedly expressed deep concern about future food supply, because no less than 35 per cent of the area suitable for cultivation has been largely destroyed by soil erosion and salination. Even worse, it is likely to decline by 21 per cent over the next 20 years, and this will happen as fish catches drop by perhaps 10 per cent or so.
KeywordsMigration Fermentation Dioxide Marketing Assure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Biofocus Foundation, Update on Activities, 1993, Stockholm.Google Scholar
- Craven, J., ‘Coldwater Agriculture as Component of a Deep Ocean Water Recovery System for Self-sufficient Coastal Villages’, Oceanography International 94, Proceedings of the Conference held in Brighton, March 1994.Google Scholar
- da Silva, E., Y.R. Dommergues, E.J. Nyns and C. Rathledge, ‘Microbial Technology in the Developing World’ (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1987).Google Scholar
- de Soto, H., ‘The Other Path’ (New York: Harper & Row, 1989).Google Scholar
- Ehrlich, P.R., A.H. Ehrlich, and J.P. Holdren, Human Ecology — Problems and Solutions (San Francisco: W.H. Freeman, 1973).Google Scholar
- Gulbenkian Foundation, ‘Limits to Competition’, Study by the Lisbon Group, sponsored by the Gulbenkian Foundation (Lisbon: 1993).Google Scholar
- Gunnarshaug, J., US Patent Number 4 733 506, 1993.Google Scholar
- Hedén, C.-G., ‘Bioinformatics for Development’, in M.S. Swaminathan, ed., Information Technology — A Dialogue (Madras: Macmillan India, 1993).Google Scholar
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC), ‘Farming in the City: The Rise of Urban Agriculture’, IDRC Report, vol. 21 (1993), no. 3.Google Scholar
- Swaminathan, M.S., ed., Biotechnology in Agriculture — A Dialogue (Madras: Macmillan India, 1993).Google Scholar