Dynamic Take-off: Accelerating Effects of a Continental Expressway
Apart from the microelectronics and information industries based on large-scale integrated circuits and/or optical fibres, it seems to us that the frontiers of heavy industry at present have a tendency to be stagnant. However, large projects planned for the twenty-first century, such as the second Panama Canal, the Baikal-Amur Railroad in Siberia, the Great Dam of Itaipu, the Asian Highway, the Japan-Korea Tunnel, and the Seventeen Bridges to link Shikoku Island to the mainland of Japan, are left untouched.
KeywordsEurope Transportation Income Expense Agglomeration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- AMA (Administrative Management Agency) (1984) 1980 Industrial Input-Output Table of Japan — General Expository Manual, pp. 1–330.Google Scholar
- CNSB (People’s Republic of China, National Statistics Bureau) (ed.) (1983) Statistical Yearbook of China, 1983 (Chinese Statistics Publishing Corporation) pp. 1–330.Google Scholar
- Dorfman, R., P. A. Samuelson and R. M. Sollow (DOSSO) (1958) ‘Efficient Programs of Capital Accumulation’ (ch. 12), Linear Programming and Economic Analysis (New York: McGraw-Hill), pp. 309–45.Google Scholar
- Higano Y. and H. Kohno (1986) ‘Optimal Reorganization of Greater Tokyo — An Industrial Complex of Agglomeration and Scale Economies’, Environment and Planning A, vol. 20, nos. 8 & 9, August & September, pp. 1103–20 and 1145–64.Google Scholar
- Kohno, H. (1969) ‘Optimum Allocation of Public Investment Using Interregional Input-Output Programming Model’, Papers and Proceedings of the Pacific Regional Science Conference of the RSA, vol. 1, pp. 53–93.Google Scholar
- Kohno, H. (1987) ‘Dynamic Optimization of Rural Development and Urban Re-growth’, in P. Friedrich and I. Masser (eds), International Perspectives on Regional Decentralization (Baden-Baden: Momos Verlag) pp. 245–77.Google Scholar
- Kohno, H., Y. Higano, Y. Matsumura and H. Mitomo (1992) ‘Dynamic appraisal of the Asian Expressway Network Benefits on China’, Paper read at the 39th North American Meetings of the RSAI, Chicago, Illinois, November 13–15, pp. 1–62 (obtainable from the authors).Google Scholar