Bureaucracy in a Changing Culture
The independence of the Republic of Indonesia was proclaimed on 17 August 1945. That proclamation was sent over the radio to the world by the country’s national leaders who boldly made use of a political vacuum that emerged after the unconditional surrender of the Japanese to the Allied Forces at the end of the second world war and before the return of the Netherlands East Indies government from its self-imposed exile in Australia.
KeywordsPolitical Party Ideal Type State Bureaucracy Ally Force Civil Administration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ACT NO.8/1985Google Scholar
- BAAL, J. van, et al. (1977) Besturen Overzee (Governing Overseas), with a preface by S.L. van der Wal, Franeker, Amsterdam, T. Weber B.V.Google Scholar
- HILL, M.J. (1992) The Sociology of Public Administration, New York, Crane, Russak Company Inc.Google Scholar
- KAHIN, G.McT. (1958) Major Governments of Asia, New York, Cornell University Press.Google Scholar
- KOMPAS, Editorial (1994): Pengawasan Umum Yang Lebih Terbuka (A More Open Social Control), 31 January, 4 March, 8 March.Google Scholar
- MACKIE, J.A.C. (1983) Property and Power in New Order Indonesia, Unpublished paper, Department of Political and Social Change, Research School of Pacific Studies, Canberra, Australian National University.Google Scholar
- REKAYASA, F.M. (1993) Pemikiran Politik (Engineering of Political Thinking), The Journal Bina Darma No. 40, 11th year, pp. 3-80.Google Scholar
- RIGGS, F.W. (1961) The Ecology of Public Administration, Bombay, Asia Publishing House.Google Scholar
- SAYIDMAN, T.B. & SILALAHI SURYOHADIPRODJO (1994) Dwifiingsi ABRI Berarti Pengabdian (ABRTs dual function means service), Suara Pembaruan, 31 January.Google Scholar
- SUARA PEMBARUAN (1994) Sikap Netralitas Pegawai Negeri Merupakan Keinginan Rakyat (The Neutral Attitude of the Government Official is the People’s Wish), January.Google Scholar
- SHAMBAZY, B. (1990) Sipil dan Militer: Siapa Hams Lebih Dominan (Civil and Military; Who is to be Dominant?), in Jakob Oetama (preface) and J. Widodo (epilogue), Menuju Masyarakat Baru Indonesia (Towards a New Indonesian Society), Jakarta, Kompas & Gramedia.Google Scholar
- SILALAHI, T.B. (1994) Angkat Pejabat, Perlu Kriteria dan Mekanisme (Appointment of a Public Officer requires Criteria and a Mechanism), Kompas, Tuesday 1 March.Google Scholar