Introduction: The Nature and Challenge of Governing in the 1990s
The practice of governing the United Kingdom in the 1990s involves confronting a unique combination of perennial problems and fresh challenges.
KeywordsEurope Arena Abate Hemel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hogwood, B. W. and Gunn, L. A. (1984) Policy Analysis for the Real World (Oxford: Oxford University Press).Google Scholar
- Jordan, A. G. and Richardson, J. J. (1987) British Politics and the Policy Process (London: Allen & Unwin).Google Scholar
- Norton, P. (1993) Does Parliament Matter? (Hemel Hempstead: Harvester Wheatsheaf).Google Scholar
- Osborne, D. and Gaebler, T. (1993) Reinventing Government: How the Entrepreneurial Spirit is Transforming the Public Sector (New York: Plume).Google Scholar
- Ranson, S. (1992) ‘Education 1991’, in Terry, F. and Jackson, P. (eds), Public Domain1992 (London: Chapman & Hall).Google Scholar
- Wilks, S. (1993) ‘Economic Policy’, in Dunleavy, P., Gamble, A., Holiday, I. and Peele, G. (eds), Development in British Politics4 (London: Macmillan).Google Scholar
© Robert Pyper and Lynton Robins 1995