Turning Again Home
Among writers in English, only W. B. Yeats matches the quality and intensity of feeling in Tennyson’s poems of friendship. In ‘The Municipal Gallery Revisited’ Yeats sets himself as a speaker in a public place, surrounded by portraits which give meaning to his life.
KeywordsAssure Funeral Pyre Gout Lost Verse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W.B. Yeats, Collected Poems (London, 1955), p. 370.Google Scholar
- 2.F.W. Dupee, Henry James: Autobiography, (1956), pp. 588–9.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Collins, ed., ‘Recollections of Tennyson by Sir George Prothero’, Victorian Newsletter no. 66 (1984), p. 31.Google Scholar
- 4.N. Page, Tennyson: Interviews and Recollections (1983), p. 113.Google Scholar
- 10.J.S. Hagen, Tennyson and his Publishers (1979), p. 161.Google Scholar