The Ethnic Conflict In Bulgaria: History and Current Problems
Bulgarian society is made up of a variety of ethnic entities. The country’s crossroads situation in the Balkans and the dramatic historical destiny of its population have resulted in the formation of many layers of diverse ethno-cultural models and traditions, as well as in varying interpretations of the relationship between the agents of these differing cultural models. The modes of interaction between the various ethnic groups have themselves their own specific histories. Important here are the ideological models that interpret the essence of the coexisting groups and prescribe relationships between them, especially in the context of the formation of the Bulgarian nation.
KeywordsTurkish Population Totalitarian Regime National Question Bulgarian Population Democratic Force
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dimitrov, Strashimir, 1990. ‘Expert opinion on the sociological research ’Mass Emigration Psychosis (June-July 1989)“, in Kr. Petkov and G. Fotev.Google Scholar
- Dogan, Ahmed, ‘ogan, Ahmed, 1990. The national question’, interview in Pogled, 26 March.Google Scholar
- Genchev, Nicolai, 1990. ‘Issue on the national question in Bulgaria’, paper presented at a session of Glasnost and Democracy Club, 27 March.Google Scholar
- Kornai, Janos, 1985. Economie de la pénurie. Paris: Economics.Google Scholar
- Nisbet, Robert, 1969. The Quest for Community. New York: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Petkov, Kr. and G. Fotev, eds., 1990. Ethnical Conflict in Bulgaria — 1989. Sofia: Sociological Archives, Institute of Sociology.Google Scholar
- Rupnik, James, 1990. L’autre Europe. Crise et fin du communisme. Paris: Odile Jacob.Google Scholar
- Stavrev, Svetoslav, 1990. ‘Power premises for the Third National Catastrophe’, Trud, no. 172, 31 August.Google Scholar
- Wallerstein, Immanuel, 1974. The Modern World-System, vol.I, Capitalist Agriculture and the Origins of European World-Economy in the Sixteenth Century. New York: Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Zerov, Assen, 1990. ‘I want no revenge from anyone’, Pogled, no. 4, 6 January.Google Scholar
- Zhelev, Zhelyo, 1982. Fascism Sofia.Google Scholar