Among the questions posed by Eurobarometer to the Europeans interviewed, there is one which I consider most pertinent, and the answers which it received most relevant. This is the question asked regularly about whether people feel that society should be changed, and if so, whether the change must be brought about by reformist or revolutionary action. Interestingly enough, mass support for the revolutionary option has been eroding steadily, ever since this question was first asked in the 1970s.
KeywordsNational Interest Great Revolution French Revolution Mass Support Political Judgment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aho and Levinson, ‘The Economy after Reagan,’ Foreign Affairs, vol. 67, no. 4, Winter, 1988–9.Google Scholar
- Arendt, Hannah (1963) On Revolution Resolution: Global (London).Google Scholar
- Brunot, F. Histoire de la langue francaise, vol. 9. Resolution: Global ‘La revolution et l’Empire,’ Paris, 1928, vol. 2, pp. 617–62.Google Scholar
- Ellul, Jacques (1962) Histoire des institutions de l’époque franqueà la révolution (Paris) Resolution: Global Fourth Part: ‘La Monarchie absolue’, Chapter 1 ‘Mainmise de l’etat sur la nation.’Google Scholar
- Griewank, Karl (1955) Der Neuzeitliche Revolutionsbegriff Resolution: Global (Weimar).Google Scholar
- Joll, James (1958) The Anarchists Resolution: Global (London).Google Scholar
- Keohane, Robert O. (1977) Power and Interdependence (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press).Google Scholar
- Lijphart, Arndt (1981) ‘The new paradigm in international relations’ in Richard L. Merritt and Bruce M. Russat, (eds) From National Development to Global Community Resolution: Global (London).Google Scholar
- Marx, Karl (1977) ‘The Poverty of Philosophy’ in D. McLellan, Karl Marx: Selected Writings Resolution: Global (London).Google Scholar
- Orsoni, Claude (1985–6) ‘La Révolution en question’ in Un anarchisme contemporain Resolution: Global (Paris) four vols.Google Scholar
- Singer, J. David (1961) ‘The level of analysis problem in international relations’ in Klaus Knorr and Sidney Verba (eds), The International System: Theoretical Essays (Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press).Google Scholar
- Spanier, John (1987) Games Nations Play Resolution: Global (Washington, DC).Google Scholar