Consideration of transistors as switches with particular regard to the output voltage levels of basic inverters and switching speed.
Analysis of performance and selection of component values for discrete and op-amp based bistable, monostable and astable pulse circuits.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References and further reading
- 1.M.E. Goodge, Semiconductor Device Technology, section 2.2.13 (Macmillan, 1985)Google Scholar
- 2.T.L. Floyd, Digital Fundamentals, 2nd edition, chapter 7 (Merrill, 1982)Google Scholar
- 3.R.J. Maddock and D.M. Calcutt, Electronics: A Course for Engineers, chapter 6 (Longman, 1988)Google Scholar
- 4.J. Millman and A. Grabel, Microelectronics, 2nd edition, chapter 15 (McGraw-Hill, 1988)Google Scholar
- 5.A.S. Sedra and K.C. Smith, Microelectronic Circuits, 2nd edition, chapter 5 (Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1987)Google Scholar
- 6.P.M. Chirlian, Analysis and Design of Integrated Electronic Circuits, 2nd edition, chapter 18 (Harper and Row/Wiley, 1987)Google Scholar
- 7.G.J. Ritchie, Transistor Circuit Techniques, 2nd edition, chapter 6 (Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1987)Google Scholar
- 8.G.M. Glasford, Analog Electronic Circuits, chapter 9 (Prentice-Hall, 1986)Google Scholar
- 9.T.F. Bogart, Electronic Devices and Circuits, chapters 4, 8 and 14 (Merrill, 1986)Google Scholar
- 10.M.S. Ghausi, Electronic Devices and Circuits, chapters 12 and 14 (Holt-Saunders, 1985)Google Scholar
- 11.T. Young, Linear Integrated Circuits, chapter 7 (Wiley, 1981)Google Scholar
- 12.S.S. Basi, Semiconductor Pulse and Switching Circuits, chapters 5, 6, 7 and 9 (Wiley, 1980)Google Scholar
- 13.M. Cirovic, Basic Electronics, 2nd edition, chapter 18 (Prentice-Hall, 1979)Google Scholar
- 14.S.A. Knight, Electronics for Higher TEC, chapter 9 (Granada, 1983)Google Scholar
- 15.D.C. Green, Electronics for TEC Level IV, chapter 8 (Pitman, 1981)Google Scholar