The Clinical Management of AIDS and HTLV-III Infection
In June, 1981, The Centres for Disease Control reported the cases of 5 homosexual men in California who had acquired Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP). In July a further report of 26 cases of PCP and Kaposi’s sarcoma in homosexual men in New York was published. All of these patients had a marked impairment of the cellular immune response, with a gross reduction of the T helper phenotype of peripheral blood lymphocytes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
General Textbooks on STD
- Holmes, K. and Mardh, P. A. (1984). In Sparling, P. F. and Wiesner, P. J. (Eds.), Sexually Transmitted Dfseases. New York, McGraw-HillGoogle Scholar
- King, Nichol and Roden (Eds.) (1980). Venereal Diseases, 4th Edn. London. Baillière TindallGoogle Scholar
- Ma, P. and Armstrong, D. (1984). AIDS and Infections of Homosexual Men. New York, Yorke Medical BooksGoogle Scholar
Reviews on AIDS
- Members of the Task Force on AIDS, CDC, Atlanta (1983). National case control study of Kaposi’s sarcoma and Pneumocystis carinu pneumonia in homosexual men: Part 1, Epidemiologic results; Part 2, Laboratory results. Ann. Int. Med, 99, 145Google Scholar
- Centres for Disease Control (1984). Update: AIDS — United States. MMWR, 33, 661Google Scholar
- Centres for Disease Control (1985). Update: AIDS — Europe. MMWR, 34, 21Google Scholar
Infections in AIDS
- Engelberg, L. A., Lerner, C. W. and Tapper, M. L. (1984). Clinical features of Pneumocystis carinri pneumonia in AIDS. Am. Rev. Respir. Dis., 130, 689Google Scholar