The Legal and Administrative Framework
In this chapter we present an outline of the legal and administrative arrangements which shape the care of separated children. We also indicate the number of children receiving different forms of care and note the trends which these figures have followed in recent years. Further information is provided in Appendix C.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.See, for further discussion on the Scottish system, P. Parsloe, Juvenile Justice (Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1978)Google Scholar
- and J. Spencer et al., Face to Face with Children (MacDonald, 1976).Google Scholar
- 5.See for example, R. Holman, Trading in Children (Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1973).Google Scholar
- 6.DHSS, Mentally Handicapped Children in Residential Care (Harvie Report) (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.P. Moss, ‘Residential Care of Children’, in J. Tizard, et al. (eds), Varieties of Residential Experience (Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1975).Google Scholar