An African Labour Force
The Kampala factory of the East African Tobacco Company was built in 1937 and acquired by its present owners in 1948. It has in the past employed as many as 900 men. Since 1948, however, the number of employees has been gradually reduced to about 600 whilst at the same time output has increased.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.