The Possibilities of Increasing Agricultural Output
Part of the Focal Problems in Geography book series
There are two ways by which agricultural output can be raised: either the area under cultivation can be expanded or the output per acre increased.
KeywordsNorth America Crop Yield Arable Land Wheat Yield Develop Area
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. K. Bennet, ‘Wheat Yields per Acre for Seven Centuries’, Economic History, vol. 3, no. 10 (1935) 12–29.Google Scholar
- 2.David Grigg, The Agricultural Revolution in South Lincolnshire (1966) pp. 151–4.Google Scholar
- 16.Doreen Warriner, Land Reform and Development in the Middle East (1957) pp. 84–93.Google Scholar
- 18.G. Masefield, ‘Population Increase: A Possible Effect on Crop Yields’, World Crops, vol. 15 (1963) 135–7.Google Scholar
- 29.J. T. Coppock, An Agricultural Atlas of England and Wales (1964) pp. 56–7.Google Scholar
- W. Harwood Long, ‘The Development of Mechanisation in English Farming’, Agricultural History Review, vol. 11 (1963) 15–26.Google Scholar
- 32.W. O. Jones, ‘Increasing Agricultural Productivity in Tropical Africa’, in E. F. Jackson (ed.), Economic Development in Africa (1965) p. 36.Google Scholar
- 33.William H. Nicholls, ‘Investment in Agriculture in Underdeveloped Countries’, American Economic Review, vol. 45 (1955) 63–4.Google Scholar
- 34.G. F. Hauser, ‘Comparison of the Afghan Plough and Tillage Practices with Modem Implements and Methods’, Empire Journal of Experimental Agriculture, vol. 23 (1955) 75–80.Google Scholar
- 36.M. J. Way, ‘Crop Losses by Insects and the Problem of Control’, Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, vol. 20 (1960) 6–8.Google Scholar
- N. W. Pirie, ‘Future Sources of Food Supply: Scientific Problems’, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, vol. 125(3) (1962) 37.Google Scholar
- 37.F. G. Ordish, ‘More Food by Crop Protection’, Span, vol. 4 (1961) 36–8.Google Scholar
- 40.Charles E. Kellog, ‘World Food and Agricultural Potentialities’, American Economic Review, Papers and Proceedings, vol. 46 (1956) 322.Google Scholar
© David Grigg 1970