In 1923, after numerous reparations conferences summoned by the League of Nations and several years of futile discussions, it became evident that no progress would be made because no common language could be found and no common course of action could be agreed upon.
KeywordsGerman Economy International Settlement American Banker American Agent Massive Advertising
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fr. Leith-Ross, Money Talks (London: Hutchinson, 1968), p. 84.Google Scholar
- 2.J. M. Keynes, A Revision of the Treaty 3rd ed. (London: Macmillan, 1971), p. 111.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Schacht, The Magic of Money pp 43–7.Google Scholar
- 4.The Economist, 19 Dec. 1925.Google Scholar
- 5.L. Corey, The House of Morgan, p. 432.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Schacht, The Magic of Money p. 138.Google Scholar