How I rejoice! For the University because it gets you … For you because you will be much freer now to work out your future in the way you like best; and I believe in your future. And selfishly for myself because I shall have the chance of seeing you and cheering my old days with being your colleague, and ever your affectionate
KeywordsSpecial Science Secondary Quality Logical Positivist Absolute Flow Transcendental Aesthetic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Philosophical and Literary Pieces, ed. J. Laird, p. 27 (London, Macmillan, 1939).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Alexander, Space, Time and Deity I, p. 4 (London, Macmillan, 1920).Google Scholar
- 5.R.G. Collingwood, An Essay on Metaphysics (Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1940) ch. vii, especially pp. 176–7.Google Scholar
- 7.My source of this information is Brian McGuinness’ Wittgenstein: a Life (London, Duckworth, 1988) p. 75.Google Scholar
- McGuinness obtained it from R.L. Goodstein’s account, given on pp. 171 and 172 in Ambrose and Lazwrowitz, Ludwig Wittgenstein, Philosopher of Language (1972). So it comes at several hands.Google Scholar