The Effect of Prices on Trade during the First Twelve Years of the European Community
Unlike trade figures, price data have not been utilized to any large extent in the analyses carried out on the effects of the European Community (EC).
KeywordsDemand Curve Demand Elasticity Supply Curve Supply Elasticity Toilet Soap
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BALASSA, B. (1963) ‘An Empirical Demonstration of Classical Comparative Cost Theory’, Review of Economics and Statistics, August.Google Scholar
- BHAGWATI, J. (1964) ‘The Pure Theory of International Trade: A Survey’, Economic Journal, March, Section 1 (Theorems in Statics: the Pattern of Trade).Google Scholar
- GLEJSER, H. (1967) ‘An Explanation of Differences in Trade-Product Ratios among Countries’, Cahiers économiques de Bruxelles, no 37, 1st quarter.Google Scholar
- GLEJSER, H. (1972) ‘Empirical Evidence on Comparative Cost Theory from the European Common Market Experience’, European Economic Review.Google Scholar
- HELLER, H.R. (1963) International Trade, Theory and Empirical Evidence, Prentice Hall. Inc., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- INSEE (1968) Annuaire Statistique de la France, vol. 74, pp. 590, Paris.Google Scholar
- KRAVIS, J.B. and R.E. LIPSEY (1971) Price Competitiveness in World Trade, Columbia University Press, New York.Google Scholar
- MacDOUGALL, D. (1961) ‘British and American Exports: a Study Suggested by the Theory of Comparative Cost’, Economic Journal, December.Google Scholar
- OECD (1966) Commodity Trade Statistics, series C.Google Scholar
- Office Statistique de Communautés Européenes (1960) ‘Revenus réels C.E.C.A. 1954–1958’, Statistiques sociales, no 2, pp. 188.Google Scholar
- Office Statistique de Communautés Européenes (1967) General Statistical Bulletin, no 4, pp. 14.Google Scholar
- Office Statistique de Communautés Européenes (1970) Foreign Trade, Analytic Tables(Nimexe).Google Scholar
- RICHARDSON, I.D. (1975) On Improving the Estimate of the Export Elasticity of Substitution, Mimeo, Department of Economics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, September.Google Scholar
- STERN, R. (1962) ‘British and American Productivity and Comparative Costs in International Trade’, Oxford Economic Papers, October.Google Scholar
© Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 1998