Performance Modelling in CIM
In this paper, the authors discuss the need for modelling of performance and competitive advantage in Computer—Integrated Management (CIM) organisations. They consider metrics as an important tool for continuous improvement. The evolution of performance modelling is described and three different approaches are focused on: technology, quality and organisation.
A paradigm involving technology is proposed based on the philosophies of Total Quality Management (TQM) and CIM.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. KHAN and I. MANN. (June 1957). Techniques of Systems Analysis. (Memorandum RM-1829-1-PR), Santa Monica, RAND Corporation, pg. 13.Google Scholar
- E.S. QUADE and W.I. BOUCHER eds., (1968). Systems Analysis and Policy Planning. New York, American Elsevier, pg. 12.Google Scholar
- W. LIPPMANN, (1922). Public Opinion. New York, Harcourt Brace.Google Scholar
- L. von BERTALANFFY, (1968). General System Theory. Free Press.Google Scholar
- J. FORRESTER, (1971). World Dynamics. Wright Allen Press.Google Scholar
- A. ANGYAL, (1969). Foundations of Science & Technology. Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- D. MESARVOVIC, (1964). Views on General Systems Theory. John Wiley.Google Scholar
- F.H. GEORGE, (1977). The Foundations of Cybemetics. London.Google Scholar
- S. BEER, (1981). The Brain of the Firm. Wiley.Google Scholar
- R.T. YEH, R.A. SCHLEMER & R.T. MITTERMEIR, (1991). A Systemic Approach to Process Modeling. Kluwer Academic Pubs., Journal of Systems Integration, Vol. 1, No 3.Google Scholar
- H.P GODBERSON, M. MATHIESEN, & W. SCHABER, (December, 1990). Modelling of Inter-organisational Operations. Proceedings Telematics’ 90, Bremen, pp. 207–221.Google Scholar
- ANON., (1990). Methodology for Implementation of CIM. ESPRIT Project No 2706, MICIM, AMICE Consortium.Google Scholar
- C. DOWD, (1988). Measuring and tracking the cost of quality. TQM — An IFS Executive Briefmg, Ed. R. Chase, IFS Publications UK, pp. 37–41.Google Scholar
- J. PLUNKETT & B. DALE, (June 1986). Quality Assurance. Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 40–43.Google Scholar
- M. ABED & B. DALE, (June 1987). An Attempt To Identify Quality-related Costs In Textile Manufacturing. Quality Assurance, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 41–45.Google Scholar
- P. GIBSON, K. HOANG & S. TEOH, (March 1991). An Investigation Into Quality Costs. Quality Forum, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 29–39.Google Scholar
- J. EARLY, (March 1991). Strategies for Measurementof Service Quality. Quality Forum, VoL17, No. 1, pp. 10–17.Google Scholar
- S. SMITH, D. TRANFIELD, C. LEY, J. BESSANT & P. LEVY, (1991). A New Paradigm for the Organisation of Manufacturing. Integrated Manufacturing Systems, Vol 2, No. 2.Google Scholar