Björn Thalberg — Teacher, Mentor and Friend
There is, as always, much truth in old sayings. I ended up in Sweden, by way of Kyoto in Japan, with a wish to study economics under Gunnar Myrdal by the purest of accidents. However, ‘the hand of fate’ gracefully guided me to Björn Thalberg’s advanced undergraduate course in growth theory.
KeywordsEurope Hunt Bark Omic Tame
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ball, R. J., ‘Review of Thalberg (1966)’, The Economic Journal, 77 (December 1967) pp. 859–61.Google Scholar
- Robertson, D. H., ‘Thoughts on Meeting some Important Persons’ (QJE, 1954), reprinted in Economic Commentaries (London: Staples Press, 1956).Google Scholar
- Thalberg, B., A Keynesian Model Extended by Explicit Demand and Supply Functions for Investment Goods (Stockholm: Almqvist and Wicksell, 1962).Google Scholar
- Thalberg, B., A Trade Cycle Analysis: Extensions of the Goodwin Model (Lund: Student Litteratur, 1966).Google Scholar
- Tong, H., Non-Linear Time Series: A Dynamical System Approach (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1990).Google Scholar