Several years ago I presented a draft of one of the chapters of this book at an academic meeting. After the presentation, questions and comments, one of my colleagues asked, ‘What have you found of value in the law of karma?’ A good question deserves an answer. In this epilogue I intend to give just that.
KeywordsDistributive Justice Wrong Action Moral Quality Civil Disobedience Retributive Justice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stanley I. Benn, ‘Justice’, Encyclopedia of Philosophy 4, ed. Paul Edwards (New York: Macmillan, 1967), p. 301.Google Scholar
- 4.For example, in Alasdair MacIntyre, After Virtue (Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press, 1981).Google Scholar
- 6.G.E. Moore, ‘A Reply to My Critics’, The Philosophy of G.E. Moore, ed. Paul A. Schilpp (LaSalle, Il: Open Court Publishing Co., 1942), pp. 546–54.Google Scholar
- 7.Bruce R. Reichenbach, Evil and a Good God (New York: Fordham University Press, 1982)Google Scholar
- 8.C.S. Lewis, The Last Battle (Harmondsworth, Middlesex: Penguin Books, 1964), pp. 144Google Scholar