The Role of Monetary Policy in Overall Economic Policy
Any objective inquiry into improving the economic effects of the monetary policy of a central bank should begin with (1) a statement of objectives of such policy and (2) a discussion of means that can achieve these goals.
KeywordsDepression Income Dole Elimin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Davidson, P. (1965), ‘Keynes’s Finance Motive’, Oxford Economic Papers, 17 (March), pp. 47–65.Google Scholar
- Davidson, P. (1967), ‘The Importance of the Demand for Finance’, Oxford Economic Papers, 19 (July), pp. 245–53.Google Scholar
- Lerner, A. P. (1967), ‘Employment Theory and Employment Policy’, American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, 57 (1967), pp. 1–18.Google Scholar
- Marshall, A. (1950), Principles of Economics, 8th edn (New York).Google Scholar
- Weintraub, S. (1963), Some Aspects of Wage Theory and Policy, (Philadelphia).Google Scholar