Planning in Saudi Arabia
The recent economic development of Saudi Arabia has been rapid by any standards. Given the Kingdom’s position in the world economy today it is easy to overlook the fact that economic development did not really begin until the late 1960s, although social and political development has its roots in the early eighteenth century.
KeywordsPrivate Sector Labour Force Saudi Arabia Development Plan Government Expenditure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Central Department of Statistics, The Statistical Indicator 1407.Google Scholar
- Middle East Economic Digest Special Report Saudi Arabia, June 1987.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Planning, Achievements of the Development Plans 1390–1404: Facts and Figures.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Planning (1980), Third Development Plan 1400.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Planning (1985), Fourth Development Plan 1405.Google Scholar
- Presley J.R. and Westaway A.J. (1989), A Guide to the Saudi Arabian Economy, 2nd Edition. London: Macmillan Press.Google Scholar
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority, Annual Reports various.Google Scholar