D2 Dopamine Receptors: Isolation and Mechanism
Part of the Satellite Symposia of the IUPHAR 10th International Congress of Pharmacology book series (SSNIC)
D2 dopamine receptors have been studied intensively over the past few years from a number of view points and much information has emerged about their structure and function. Many questions remain to be answered, however, and in the present chapter I shall discuss some of our recent studies aimed at understanding the following:
the constitution of the receptor
the nature of the effectors influenced by the D2 dopamine receptor via G-proteins
the possibility of D2 dopamine receptor heterogeneity.
KeywordsDopamine Receptor Thyrotrophin Release Hormone Inositol Phosphate Anterior Pituitary Cell Inositol Phospholipid
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Enjalbert, A., Sladeczek, F., Guillon, G., Bertrand, P., Shu, C., Epelbaum, J., Garcia-Sainz, A., Jard, S., Lombard, C., Kordon, C. and Bockaert, J. (1986). Angiotensin II and dopamine modulate both cAMP and inositol phosphate production in anterior pituitary cells. J. Biol. Chem., 261, 4071–4075.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Leonard, M.N., Macey, C. and Strange, P.G. (1987). Heterogeneity of D2 dopamine receptors in different brain regions. Biochem. J. in press.Google Scholar
- Senogles, S.E., Benovic, J.L., Amlaiky, N., Unson, C., Milligan, G., Vinitsky, R., Spiegel, A.M. and Caron, M.G. (1987) The D2 dopamine receptor of anterior pituitary is functionally associated with a pertussis toxin sensitive guanine nucleotide binding protein. J. Biol. Chem., 262, 4860–4867.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Sokoloff, P., Redouane, K., Brann, M., Martres, M.P. and Schwartz, J.C. (1985). [3H]D0710 discriminates guanine nucleotide sensitive and insensitive dopamine binding sites. Naunyn Schmiedeberg’s Archiv. Pharmacol., 329, 236–243.Google Scholar
- Williamson, R.A., Worrall, S. and Strange, P.G. (1987). Partial purification of D2 dopamine receptors from bovine brain. Biochem. Soc. Trans. in press.Google Scholar
© Philip G. Strange 1988