Building the confidence of the unemployed
There is a world of difference between obtaining employment from unemployment and just obtaining employment. The longer the unemployment the wider does the difference become.
KeywordsUnemployment Benefit Supplementary Benefit Unemployed People Unemployment Register Confidence Building
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Employed Gazette, August 1985, Table 2.5.Google Scholar
- 2.M. White, ‘A Profile of Long Term Unemployment’, Work & Society, 7, January 1985.Google Scholar
- 3.Economist Intelligence Unit, Coping with Unemployment, 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Nicholson, Out of Town, Out of Mind? (Leicester Diocesan Board for Social Responsibidity, 1985) p. 73.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Platt, ‘Unemployment and Suicide’, Unemployment Unit Bulletin, no. 6, September 1982.Google Scholar
- 6.N. Beale and S. Nethercott, ‘Job Loss and Family Morbility: a Study of a Factory Closure’, Journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners, 1985, reported in Financial Times, 8 October 1985.Google Scholar
- 7.L. Francis, ‘Young and Unemployed’, Unemployment Unit Bulletin, no. 15, January 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Eisenberg and P. F. Lazarsfeld, ‘The Psychological Effects of Unemployment’, Psychological Bulletin, no. 35, 1938.Google Scholar
- 9.Economist Intelligence Unit, Coping with Unemployment, pp. 50–2. 10. Based on a suggestion of G. Dauncey, Nice work if you can get it (National Extension College, 1983) p. 68.Google Scholar
- 12.D. Kay, Counter Benefits: Making contact with the DHSS (Scottish Consumer Council, Glasgow, 1984) pp. 37–8.Google Scholar
- 19.J. Woulfe, Working it out: Some responses to Unemployment in Manchester (Manchester Council for Voluntary Services, 1985) pp. 14–21.Google Scholar
- 22.A. Sinfield, The Wider Impact of Unemployment’, in High Unemployment: A Challenge for Income Support Policies (OECD, 1984) pp. 60–6.Google Scholar
© Edwin Whiting 1987