Development of a Computer Software Package for Positioning Accuracy Calibration and Analysis on NC Machine Tools
An easy-to-use software package for positioning accuracy calibration and analysis on NC machine tool has been developed. The system employs a HP5526 laser interferometer system as measuring tool, and HP9826 desktop computer as a data processing unit. The scope of calibration covers progressive error, cyclic error, reversal error, random error, and tolerance templates. During calibration the machine can be operated in either step-by-step or automatic mode. This package has been continously modified by the experience gained through many field applications and has proved to be an invaluable calibration tool.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.NMTBA Definition and Evaluation of Accuracy and Repeatability for NC Machine Tools, Aug. 1972.Google Scholar
- 2.VD13441 Testing of the Operational and Positional Accuracy of Machine Tools, March, 1977.Google Scholar
- 3.MTTA(1974) “Standard for the Positioning Accuracy and Repeatability of Machining Centres and Associated NC Machine Tools”.Google Scholar
- 4.BSI4656:Part 16:1985 Methods for Determination of Accuracy and Repeatability of Positioning of NC Machine Tools.Google Scholar
- 5.HEWLETT PACKARD Co(1983) Machine Tool Calibration — Laser Measurement System, Application Note 325–2.Google Scholar
- 6.R L FOX(1973) Optimization Methods for Engineering Design Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., 2nd ed.Google Scholar
- 7.R FLETCHER and M POWELL(1963) A Rapid Convergent Descent Method for Minimization, Computer Journal, Vol. 6.Google Scholar
- 8.J TLUSTY(1971) Techniques for Testing Accuracy of NC Machine Tools, 12th MTDR Conf.Google Scholar
- 9.CMMA Accuracy Specification for Coordinate Measuring Machines.Google Scholar
- 10.A Proposal for Defining and Specifying the Dimensional Uncertainty of Multi-Axis Measuring Machines, CIRP Annals, 27/2, 1978.Google Scholar