Some Examples of Flexible Manufacturing
This chapter describes a number of flexible manufacturing systems which have already been installed, some in detail and some purely in outline, the intention being to give the reader an impression of the size, complexity and variety which is apparent in these sophisticated production facilities.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ‘Big system at John Deere solves new product problems’, FMS Magazine, Vol. 1, No. 1, October 1982.Google Scholar
- I. Nisanci, ‘Survey of F.M.S. — applications, problems, & research areas’, CASA-SME FMS 1985, Dallas, March 1985.Google Scholar
- ‘Study tour of flexible manufacturing systems’, SERC — Napier College, Edinburgh, October 1982.Google Scholar
- S. Birch, ‘Rolls Royce takes the lead — just in time’, The Engineer, February 1986.Google Scholar
- H. Challis, ‘How does AMT affect the worker?’, Production Engineer, February 1986.Google Scholar
- ‘Making fridge cabinets in an automated press line’, Production Engineer, February 1985.Google Scholar
- K. Rathmill, ‘Japan’s FMS complex with laser — a climb down from MUM’, Chartered Mechanical Engineer, May 1985.Google Scholar
- S. Romanini, ‘Attaining modularity in systems’, FMS Magazine, Vol. 2, No. 5, October 1983.Google Scholar
- B. Knill, ‘Vought Aero Products reveals new lessons in flexible manufacturing’, Material Handling Engineering, January 1985.Google Scholar