In Vivo Diurnal Variations of 5HT Release in Hypothalamic Nuclei
Various parameters have been studied for circadian rhythmicity from locomotor activity (Pittendrigh & Daan, 1976), feeding and drinking behaviour (Boulos & Terman, 1979) and nest building behaviour (Possidente et al, 1979) to plasma hormone levels (Mendlewicz et al, 1980), neurotransmitter receptor number (Kafka et al, 1983) and function (Singleton & Marsden, 1981).
KeywordsCircadian Rhythm Suprachiasmatic Nucleus Plasma Hormone Level Carbon Fibre Electrode Nest Building Behaviour
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brazell, M.P., Routledge, C. and Marsden, C.A. (1984) 5HT1 receptor agonist (RU-24969) decreases 5HT release and metabolism in vivo. I.U.P.H.A.R. 9th Int. Congress of Pharmacology.Google Scholar
- Cespuglio, R., Faradji, H., Crespi, F. and Jouvet, M. (1982) Detection by differential pulse voltammetery of 5-hydroxyindolacetic acid in rostral brain areas: Fluctuations occurring during the sleep-waking cycle. 6th Eur. Congr. Sleep Res., Zurich, pp 282–284.Google Scholar
- Cespuglio, R., Faradji, H., Hahn, Z. and Jouvet, M. (1984) Voltammetric detection of brain 5-hydroxyindoleamines by means of electrochemically treated carbon fibre electrodes. Chronic recordings for up to one month with movable cerebral electrodes in the sleeping or waking rat. In Measurement of Neurotransmitter Release in vivo (ed. C.A. Marsden), pp 173–191, J.Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester.Google Scholar
- Green, A.R. and Costain, D.W. (1982) Pharmacology and biochemistry of psychiatric disorders. J. Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester.Google Scholar
- Marsden, C.A., Maidment, N.T. and Brazell, M.P. (1984) An introduction to in vivo electrochemistry. In Measurement of Neurotransmitter Release in vivo (ed. C.A. Marsden), pp 127–151, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Chichester.Google Scholar
- Marsden, C.A. and Routledge, C. (1984) In vivo measurements of DOPCA, 5HIAA and 5HT in specific brain regions by intracerebral dialysis. Br. J. Pharmac. 82, 268P.Google Scholar
- Martin, K.F. and Redfern, P.H. (1982) The effects of clomipramine on the 24 hour variation of 5HT and tryptophan concentrations in the rat brain. Br. J. Pharmac, 76, 288P.Google Scholar
- Middlemiss, D.N. (1984) RU 24969 inhibited K+-evoked release of 3H -5HT autoreceptor. 14th C.I.N.P. Congress P-657.Google Scholar
- Pittendrigh, L.S. and Daan, S. (1976) A functional analysis of circadian pacemakers in nocturnal rodents. V Pacemaker structure: A clock for all seasons. J.Comp. Physiol., 106, 333–335Google Scholar
- Sharp, T., Maidment, N.T., Brazell, M.P., Zetterstrom, T., Ungerstedt, U., Bennet, G.W. and Marsden, CA. (1984) Changes in monoamine metabolites measured by simultaneous in vivo differential pulse voltammetery and intracerebral dialysis. Neurosci., in press.Google Scholar
- Szafarczyk, A., Ixart, G., Malaval, J., Nouguier-Soule, and Asenmacher, I. (1979) Effects of lesions of the suprachiasmatic nuclei and p-chlorophenylalamine on the circadian rhythms of adrenocorticotrephic hormone and corticosterone in the plasma and on locomotor activity of rats. J.Endocrinol., 83, 1–16CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar