Rockets, Kai Feng, China
Piston engine in Wright Flyer, U.S.A.
Turbojet (von Ohain) in Heinkel He 178, Germany
Pulsejet (Schmidt-Argus) in V1 weapon, Germany
Turboprop (Derwent 2) in converted Gloster Meteor, U.K.
Ramjet (Leduc 0–10), France
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
2.4 Bibliography (Chronological)
- G. G. Smith, Gas Turbines and Jet Propulsion, Sixth edition, Iliffe, London, 1955Google Scholar
- J. E. Allen, ‘From aviation to astronautics’, J. R. Ae. S., Vol. 62, No. 573, September 1958, pp. 615–32Google Scholar
- R. J. Lane, ‘A review of propulsion for high Mach number aircraft’, Aircraft Engineering, January 1966, pp. 11–17Google Scholar
- A. Gozlan, ‘Achievements and prospects with composite air breathing engines’, Aircraft Engineering, February 1966, pp. 10–14Google Scholar
- Anon., ‘Olympus 593B for the Concorde’, Aircraft Engineering, March 1966, pp. 16–17Google Scholar
- R. R. Jamieson, ‘Power units for very high speed winged vehicles’, Aircraft Engineering, November 1966, pp. 15–17Google Scholar
- F. W. Armstrong, ‘Gas turbine evolution’, Paper C1/76, Gas Turbines — Status and Prospects, I. Mech. E., London, February 1976, pp. 1–15Google Scholar
- E. H. Bernstein and R. Smith, ‘Gas turbine power for general aviation in 1988’, in B. Gal-Or (ed.), Turbo and Jet-Engine Technology, Part1, Israel Gas Turbine Association, November 1980, pp. 5–17Google Scholar
- M. A. Zipkin, ‘Making turbofans more energy efficient’, in B. Gal-Or (ed.), Turbo and Jet-Engine Technology, Part1, Israel Gas Turbine Association, November 1980, pp. 19–26Google Scholar
- J. F. Coplin, ‘Turboprop engines of the future’, Esso Air World, Vol. 35, No. 3, 1983Google Scholar
- H. W. Bennett, ‘Aero engine development for the future’, Proc. I. Mech. E., July 1983, pp. 149–57Google Scholar
- J. Moxon, ‘How to save fuel in tomorrow’s engines’, Flight International, 30 July 1983, pp. 272–3Google Scholar
- K. F. Mordoff, ‘G.E. developing unducted fan for 1990’s transport’, Aviation Week and Space Technology, 9 April 1984Google Scholar