The Production of Porous Ferrous Components by Extensions of the High Voltage Discharge Forming Process
Extensions of the high voltage discharge forming process for the manufacture of porous compacts are described. They include the manufacture of tubes, the addition of both a quasi-static and dynamic uniaxial pressure to the discharge process and the manufacture of composite solid porous components.
KeywordsGraphite Filtration Carbide Welding Attenuation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.British Patent No.45778/75Google Scholar
- 2.W JOHNSON, D J WILLIAMS and S CLYENS (1978) A review of the electromagnetic forming of powdered materials Sixth North American Metalworking Research Conference, Florida, USA, p. 199–204Google Scholar
- 3.W JOHNSON (1963) High rate forming of metals, Bulletin of Mechanical Engineering Education, 12, p. 111–148Google Scholar
- 4.ASTM STANDARD B485-68 (Reapproved 1970) Diametral compression test of cemented carbidesGoogle Scholar
- 5.F A COTTON and G WILKINSON (1972) Advance Inorganic Chemistry, Interscience, p. 289 and p. 683Google Scholar
- 6.MULLANS (1976) The potential of capacitor discharge stud welding, Sheet Metal Industries 53 p. 220–221Google Scholar