The problem stated simply is—‘establishing management’s information needs’. This simple statement belies the complexity involved in attempting to find a solution. The problem has been with industry for many years.
KeywordsSenior Management Management Information System Information Analysis Meaningful Information Business Intelligence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Elbourne, E. T., Factory Administration and Accounts, The Library Press, 1914.Google Scholar
- 2.Gallagher, J. D., Management Systems and the Computer, American Management Association, 1961.Google Scholar
- 3.Drucker, Peter F., The Practice of Management, Heinemand, 1955.Google Scholar
- 4.Duryer, E. D., Some Observations on Management Information Systems: Advances in EDP and Information Systems, American Management Association, 1961.Google Scholar
- 5.Phillipe, G. L., What Management Really Wants from Data Processing Today, Management Report No. 45, American Management Association, 1960.Google Scholar