Class Structure and the Role of the Military in Greece: An Interpretation
If the issue of the political organisation of the peasantry is crucial for understanding Greek society, so is the problem of the military and the role they played in the development/underdevelopment of modern Greece.
KeywordsDepression Europe Explosive Turkey Arena
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Cf. P. Pipinelis, Political history of the Greek revolution (in Greek), Athens 1926.Google Scholar
- and V. Filias, Society and power in Greece 1800–1884 (in Greek), Athens 1974.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Markezinis, The political history of modern Greece (in Greek) Athens 1966, vol. II, parts 1 and 2.Google Scholar
- 14.Cf. N. Mouzelis and M. Attalides, ‘Greece’, in S. Giver and M. Archer (eds), Contemporary Europe London 1971, pp. 163 ff.Google Scholar
- 15.Cf. K. Legg, Politics in modern Greece, Stanford, Calif. 1969, Chapter 5.Google Scholar
- 16.Cf. D. Kitsikis, ‘Evolution de l’élite politique Greque’, in M. B. Kiray (ed.), Social stratification and development in the Mediterranean basin, Paris 1973.Google Scholar
- 40.Cf. G. Koutsoumaris, The morphology of Greek industry, Athens 1963;Google Scholar
- E. Kartakis, Le développement industriel de la Grèce, Lausanne 1970;Google Scholar
- 41.Cf. J. Kordatos, The workers’ movement in Greece (in Greek), Athens 1956;Google Scholar