The Present Stage and Future of the Machinability Data Service in Japan
In the paper the requirements for the machinability data service in the field of automated manufacturing, the desirable types of the service and several approaches to attain the data service system are discussed. The organization and the present research activities to develop the national machinability data centre in Japan are described. Technological aspects such as evaluation and processing of the machining data are also presented. Lastly some ideas on the future development of the technological problems such as the simulation of the cutting process and the diagnosis program for the machining troubles are proposed to increase the usefulness of the data service and to ease the data processing.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. SATA and K. KOKUBO (1971). Investigation on machining data bank (Report No. 1), Report of Technical Research Institute of JSPMI.Google Scholar
- 2.Y. TOMONAGA, Y. HIRAMATSU, K. KOKUBO and S. SHINYA (1972). Investigation of machining data bank (Report No. 2), Report of Technical Research Institute of JSPMI.Google Scholar
- 3.(1972). Results of inquiry to the needs of the machining data bank Report of Technical Research Institute of JSPMI.Google Scholar
- 6.T. SATA, T. INAMURA and K. MATSUSHIMA (1973). Analysis of three-dimensional cutting dynamics, Ann. CIRP, 22, to be presented.Google Scholar
- 8.K. UEHARA (1972). On the mechanism of crater wear of carbide cutting tool, Ann. CIRP, 21, 31.Google Scholar
- 9.M. HIRAO and T. SATA (1973). Measurement of local temperature of the tool face in cutting, Jour. Jap. Soc. Prec. Engg., 39, to be presented.Google Scholar