Research and Development and Economic Growth in Japan
- 38 Downloads
There is no question that science and technology play one of the most important roles in the economic growth of advanced countries. However, when one attempts to discover the relation between the effort devoted to research and development and the economic growth of a nation, it is not easy to find a simple correlation between them.
KeywordsEconomic Growth Technological Innovation Industrial Structure Public Capital Private Industry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Uchino, Investment for Research in Japan (Jitsugyokohosha).Google Scholar
- K. Pavitt, ‘Performance in Technological Innovation’, ch. 10 of Technological Innovation and the Economy (Wiley-Interscience, 1970).Google Scholar
- K. Oshima, ‘Setting the Scene Three: Japan’, ch. 4, ibid.Google Scholar
- White Paper on Science and Technology, 1968 and 1969 issues, Science and Technology Agency, Government Publication.Google Scholar
- Report of Survey on Industrial Technology, Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Jitsugyokohosha (1964).Google Scholar