Cleaning, involving the removal of adherent sand and scale.
Dressing, involving removal of excess metal, heads and risers, ingates, runners
Annealing operations and heat treatment
The cutting out and rectification of blemishes and defects; rectification is effected by welding
The surface improvement generally by grinding and shot blasting and arc air treatment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M C Lloyd: Castings and Foundry techniques. A PERA conference and exhibition 9–11, 1965 Conference Manual. Melton Mowbray 1965. (PERA) 16.Google Scholar
- 2.V F Gorbunov, V I Baburov, Yu A Oparin and L S Redutinskii: Russian Castings Prod. (In English), 1964(9), 403.Google Scholar
- 3.Hibbs: BSCRA 1965 annual conference.Google Scholar
- 4.Roebuck: BSCRA 1965 annual conference.Google Scholar
- 5.Brown and Gopinath. ‘The Study of the Electro Magnetic Acceleration of Abrasives.’ University of Sheffield 1967.Google Scholar
- 6.Foundry Trade Journal P443 March 14th, 1968.Google Scholar