Recursive Plant Model Identification in Closed Loop
Iterative combination of identification in closed loop and robust control redesign leads to a two time scale adaptive control system very appealing in practice. The chapter is dedicated to the presentation of recursive algorithms for plant identification in closed-loop operation and their application. Two classes of algorithms will be presented, analyzed and evaluated experimentally: closed-loop output error algorithms and filtered open-loop recursive identification algorithms. Specific techniques for model validation in the context of identification in closed loop will also be presented. The performance of the various algorithms will be illustrated by simulation and by their application to the identification in closed loop and controller re-design of a flexible transmission control system.
KeywordsClosed Loop Plant Model Open Loop Output Error External Excitation
- Adaptech (1988) WimPim + (includes, WinPIM, WinREG and WinTRAC) system identification and control software. User’s manual. 4, rue du Tour de l’Eau, 38400 St. Martin-d’Hères, France Google Scholar
- Åström KJ (1993) Matching criteria for control and identification. In: Proc European control conference, Groningen, The Netherlands Google Scholar
- Landau ID, Zito G (2005) Digital control systems—design, identification and implementation. Springer, London Google Scholar
- Voda-Besançon A, Landau ID (1995a) An iterative method for the auto-calibration of the digital controllers. In: Proc ACC 95, Rome, Italy, pp 12,463–12,468 Google Scholar
- Voda-Besançon A, Landau ID (1995b) The joint closed-loop identification and control design—theoretical issues and applications. In: Proc ACC, Seattle, USA Google Scholar