Designing Applications for 3G Mobile Devices
- 74 Downloads
This chapter provides information on the mobile phone industry as it transitions from 2G to 3G, with a focus on application environments and devices. This does not attempt to tell how to design mobile applications, but offers an overview on what to be aware of when designing content and applications. While the information here is specific to mobile phones , and does not cover other devices such as PDAs or communicators, awareness of physical and technological constraints of any device type is an essential starting point in the design process.
KeywordsMobile Device Design Application Device Manufacturer Network Service Provider Mobile Context
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M-Services http://www.gsmworld.com/technology/services/index.shtml
- Yankee Group http://www.yankeegroup.com
Operator Requirements Documents
- GSM Worldhttp://www.gsmworld.com/technology/applications/index.shtml
- Brew http://www.qualcomm.com/brew
- Nokia http://forum.nokia.com
- Ericsson http://www.ericsson.com/mobilityworld
- Samsung http://www.samsungelectronics.comlmobile_phone/index.asplmobile_phone/index.asp