Research on the Transformation of Display Format for Web Information
As so far, most of the information on the internet are designed for computer display, which can achieve the desired effect at 800*600 or higher resolution, but the normal TV’s resolution is much lower, so the web page looks abnormally on TV. Furthermore, it also can’t be browsed by phone and PDAs as PC does. Based on the analysis of the display principles of TV and computer, a new method which combines the following two methods together is proposed for the low resolution, thumbnail and relayout based on width adjustment. Web pages are divided into navigation page and content page. Thumbnail is corresponded to the former pages; the latter ones are adjusted through the format transformation with width adjustment algorithm. The web pages can be made more adaptive for TV.
Keywordsformat transformation thumbnail width adjustment relayout
- Dave Raggett. http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/.
- Hiroaki Yoshikawa, Osamu Uchida. Web Content Transducing System for Cellular phones [J]. proceeding of the Adwanced international conference on telecommunications and internarional Conference on Internet and Web Application and Services (AICT/CIW 2006).Google Scholar
- Jacob O. Wobbrock, Jodi Forlizzi, Scott E. Hudson, Brad A. Myers. WebThumb: Interaction Techniques for Small-Screen Browsers [J]. UIST’02 2002 205-208.Google Scholar
- Li J. Research and Implement of Network Information Extraction Oriented to The Mobile Platform [D]. Harbin Institute of Technology 2006 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Lu C, Cheng Y. Discussion of “TV page design” [J]. Journal of Zhong Zhou University No. 2 2000 67-69 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Nodes have a hierarchical http://www.w3schools.com/htmldom/dom_nodes.asp.
- Shen X F. The Study of Internet Content Specifications and Transformation Tools Suitable for Several Digital Devices [D]. Chinese Academy of Science computer technical research institute 2001 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Sun C J, Guan Y. A Statistical Approach for Content Extraction from Web Page [J]. Journal of Chinese Information Processing 2004 Vol. 18 No. 5 17-22 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang Q B. Research and Implementation of Web Page Display for Handhold Intelligent Terminal Based on Information Extraction [D]. East China Normal University 2006 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Yue W, Wang Y. Strategy and Instance of Web Browsing on Small-screen Devices [A]. Proc. Of the 12th national multimedia academic conference [C]. 2003 460-468 (in Chinese).Google Scholar