Polymorphism of Microsatellite Sequence within ABC Transporter Genes in Phytopathogenic Fungus, Magnaporthe Grisea
Thirteen polyporphic microsatellite markers suitable for population genetic structure analysis and ABC transporter and signal transduction coding genes variation measurement were developed for rice blast fungus, Magnaporthe grisea. Polymorphism was evaluated by using forty-six isolates collected from diverse geographical locations and rice varieties. Preliminary results indicated that each locus resolved multiple alleles ranging from two to ten. There results showed that these SSR-containing genes are also polymorphic in the natural population.
KeywordsMagnaporthe grisea ABC transporter microsatellite
- Dean Ralph A., Talbot Nlcholas J., Ebbole Danlel J. Ebbole, Mark L. Farman, Thomas K. Mltchell, Marc J. Orbach, Mlchael Thon, Resham Kulkarnl, Jin-Rong Xu, Huaqln Pan, Nlck D. Read, Yong-Hwan Lee, lgnazlo Carbone, Doug Brown, Yeon Yee Oh, Nlcole Donofrlo, Jun Seop Jeong, Darren M. Soanes, Slavlca Djonovlc, Elena Kolomlets, Cathryn Rehmeyer, Welxi Li, Michael Hardlng, Soonok Klm, Marc-Henrl Lebrun, Heidl Bohnert, Sean Coughlan, Jonathan Butler, Sarah Calvo, Li-Jun Ma, Robert Nicol, Seth Purcell, Chad Nusbaum, James E. Galagan & Bruce W. Blrren 2005, The genome sequence of the rice blast fungus Magnaporthe grisea. Nature 434, 980-986.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Li Cheng-yun, Li Jinbin, Zhou Xiao-gang, Zhang Shao-song, Dong Ai-rong, Xu Ming-hui 2005, Frequency and Distribution of Microsatellite sequence in Open Reading Frames of Rice Blast Fungus, Magnaporthe grisea. Chinese J. Rice Science 19(2), 167-173, 2005. (in Chinese with English abstract).Google Scholar
- Ou S. H. Rice diseases 1985, 2nd Edition. Commonwealth Mycological Institute, Kew, UK, 1985. 380.Google Scholar
- Stifani S., Blaumueller C.M., Redhead N.J., Hill R.E., Artavanis Tsakonas S. 1992, Human homologs of a Drosophila Enhancer of split gene product define a novel family of nuclear proteins [published erratum appears in Nat. Genet. Dec2(4), 119-127.Google Scholar
- Sweigard, J.A., Orbach, M.J., Valent, B., Chumley, F.G. 1990, A miniprep procedure for isolating genomic DAN from Magnaporthe grisea, Fungal. Genet. Newslett 37, 4Google Scholar