Development for Breeding Performance Management System on Pig Farms
The study was conducted to supply systemic and dynamic analysis data to support a better operation on a breeding pig farm with process management, especially in reproduction parameters. A full simulation model on a breeding pig farm running was proposed in the study, and a series of definitions of process parameters related to service performance, farrowing performance and weaning performance was put forward. Some of them are described on the calculating models. The relationship structural database was designed and a set of digital management information system was developed, based on proposed definitions and models by using Visual Basic 6.0 Access databases and Crystal report combined with genetic characteristic of different pig breeds. The System supplies a series of convenient, intelligent input interfaces of original datum, and all different reproduction data can be counted, analyzed and graphically shown, based on different performances in a specific duration, and it can dynamically derive out all sows history card that shows a complete reproduction performances including some important indexes such as farrowing rate, farrowing interval, average gestation days and average weaned weight et al. in terms of parities, which can be used to decide whether a female needs to be fell into disuse. Therefore, with the help of system analysis and software design techniques, the system made it possible to realize information management and intelligence analysis for a breeding pig farm based on whole digital management of reproduction process from services through weaning and among different categories of breeding pigs and parities.
KeywordsPig farms Breeding sows Information management Farrowing performance
- http://www.agri.gov.cn/blgg/t20060628_638621.htm. 2006. No. 67th, order of the ministry of agriculture of the people’s republic of china. Animal labeling and their feeding documents establishment.
- http://www.stats.gov.cn/tjbz/xzqhdm/t20070411_402397928.htm. November, 31, 2006. National Bureau of Statistics of China. Codes of administrative regions of the People’s Republic of China.
- Liu yanbo, Hu yan, Ma qi. Platform Application and Development on Windows Mobile. Posts & Telocom Press. 2006.Google Scholar
- Xiong B H, Qian P. A comprehensive technology platform for precision feeding of dairy cattle [M]. China Agricultural Science and Technology Press. 2005Google Scholar
- Yao W. Visual Basic database Development and project examples [M]. Posts and Telecom Press. 2003.Google Scholar