Analysis of Virtual Reality Technology Applications in Agriculture
Agricultural information technology, especially virtual reality (VR) technology, will act the important roles in agricultural modernization and realm. Computer science and IT are both playing important roles in the development of agriculture and rural areas of the world. Combining agriculture science with IT and VR, the virtual agriculture technology explored new ways of studying and applying agriculture information technology. On the basis of concept of virtual agriculture given, the composition, application range and development direction of virtual agriculture were analyzed. On basis of above mentioned, the architecture of virtual crops which is a typical application of virtual agriculture was analyzed and studied, and the model of virtual crops was modeled using plant three-dimensional rebuild technique. It can improve the applications of VR in agriculture fields and advance the process of agricultural modernization.
KeywordsVR virtual agriculture virtual crops architecture model
- Chen Shen-bin, Sun Jiu-lin. Virtual Agriculture and Virtual Reality-Potential Application of Scientific Database. http://www.pcvr.tom.cn, 2003.
- Guo Yan, Li Bao-guo. The Research Progress of Virtual Plants [J]. Science Bulletin, 2001, 4: 273-280. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Holt D A, Sonka S T. Virtual Agriculture: Developing and Transferring Agricultural Technology in the 21st Century. http://www.agr.uiuc.edu/virtagl.html, 2003.
- http://www.cau.edu.cn/viscs/vplant/frwork.htm, 2005 (in Chinese)
- Jia Sha-gang. Agriculture Informatization and Agriculture Scientific Revolution [J]. Computer and Agriculture, 1999, 2: 3-8 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Jin Run-zhao, Wang Zhao-yi. Introduction to Virtual Reality and Applications in Agriculture. Journal of Tianjin Agricultural College, 2001, 2: 27-32 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Li Zhi-wen, Han Xiao-ling. Present Situation and Development Trend of VR [J]. Information Technology, 2005, 3: 94-96 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Shen Wen-jun, Zhao Chun-jiang, Shen Zuo-rui, et al. Virtual Reality Technology and Its Application in Agriculture. Research of Agricultural Modernization, 2002, 5: 378-381 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Song You-hong, Jia Wen-tao, Guo Yan, et al. Advances in Virtual Crops Research [J]. Computer and Agriculture, 2000, 6: 6-8 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Su Yu. Study on Progress Problems of Virtual Agriculture [J]. Shanxi Agriculture Sciences, 2006, 1: 101-103 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Su Zhongbin, Meng Fanjiang, Kang Li, et al. Virtual plant modeling based on Agent technology. Transactions of the CSAE, 2005, 8: 114-117 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Sun Jiu-lin. Agriculture Information Engineering: Theory, Method and Application [J]. Engineering Science of China, 2000, 3: 89-91 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang Cheng-wei, Gao Wen, Wang Xing-ren. The Theory, Realization and Application of Virtual Reality Technology, Qsinghua University press, 2000 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang Dao-bo, Zhou Xiao-guo, Zhang Guang-lu. The Technology and Application of Virtual Agriculture [J]. Agriculture Network Information, 2006, 3: 16-18 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang Yi-ming. Situation and Development of Digital Agriculture [J]. Transactions of the CSAE, 2003, supplement: 9-10 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Yang Guo-Cai. Research on Architecture of Virtual Agriculture [J]. Computer Science, 2005, 3: 125-126 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Yang Yong-xia, Zhu De-hai, Tan Tai-lai, et al. The Development of IT and the Application Trend of Which in Agriculture Field [J]. Computer and Agriculture, 1999, 4: 1-6 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang Wei-xing, Zhu De-feng, Zhao Zhi, et al. A Brief Review of Virtual Reality Technology and Virtual Agriculture [J]. Guizhou Agriculture Sciences, 2006, 2: 115-118 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhang Yun-lan, Zheng Jiang-ping, Chen Zheng-yu. Analysis on Agricultural Information Technology Status quo and Suggestion for Development in China [J]. Journal of Zhejiang University (Agric. & Life So1.), 2001, 2: 229-232 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zheng Yan-yan, Zhou Guo-min. VR and fruit pruning [J]. Agriculture Network Information, 2004, 8: 10-12 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Zhu Yong. Effects of Information Technology in Agriculture Modernization [J]. Agriculture Modernization, 2004, 5: 43-44 (in Chinese)Google Scholar