A Designer's view of SSME
- 1.9k Downloads
A designer's view of the interplay, challenges and opportunities for innovation and research across disciplines is presented. A case is made for the inclusion of design as a discipline that can forge and leverage the required lateral linkages across multiple communities. Examples of some of the opportunities and challenges that arise at the intersection of the disciplines are described.
KeywordsService Innovation Multiple Community Business Ecosystem Market Science Institute Service Design Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Mager, B. Service Design, a review. Köln International School of Design Fachhochschule Köln Service Design Network, 2004Google Scholar
- Service Design Network. Service design network manifesto. Unpublished, 2005.Google Scholar
- Cagan, J., Vogel, C. Creating Breakthrough Products: Innovation from Product Planning to Program Approval. Upper Saddle River , NJ Prentice Hall; PTR, 2002.Google Scholar
- Zeithaml, Valarie, Mary Jo Bitner, and Dwayne Gremler, Services Marketing: Integrating Customer Focus Across the Firm, 4th edition, New York: McGraw-Hill, 2006.Google Scholar
- Evenson, S. Designing for Service. Proceedings of DPPI 2005, Eindhoven.Google Scholar
- Evenson, S. Designing design: Establishing a new common ground for collaboration. HCII Session on Interaction Design Education and Research: Current and Future Trends, 2005.Google Scholar
- Chesbrough H., Spohrer, J. A Research Manifesto for Services Sceince. Comm. ACM 49, 7 (July 2005) 35-40.Google Scholar
- Edvardsson, B. Gustafsson, A. Johnson, M. and Sanden, B. New Service Development and Innovation in the New Economy. Studentlitteratur AB, 2000.Google Scholar
- Zeithaml, V., Parasuraman, A. Service Quality. Cambridge, MA, Marketing Science Institute, 2004Google Scholar
- Shostack, G. Lynn Designing Services that Deliver Harvard Business Review, 133-139, 1984.Google Scholar
- Bitner, M. Servicescapes: The Impact of Physical Surroundings on Customers and Employees. Journal of Marketing 55 (Jan): 10-25, 1992.Google Scholar