Integration of the Enanos Execution Framework with GRMS
The eNANOS is an execution framework developed in the Barcelona Supercomputing Center. One of its main objectives is to provide a framework to execute multilevel parallel applications with low-level support. It is also able to provide information about the execution behavior of applications in run time. This information can be used by a Grid Resource Broker or metascheduler to improve its scheduling and resource strategies and the execution platform can improve the execution time of applications and resource usage as well. In this paper we discus the steps that we have to follow to integrate the eNANOS execution environment into the GRMS infrastructure, developed by PSNC. In particular we are interested in the mechanisms to allow the integration of the different components and how to use the information provided by eNANOS to improve the scheduling strategies in the GRMS system.
KeywordsGrid resource management scheduling strategies application performance eNANOS GRMS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CEPBA Tools Web Site. http://www.cepba.upc.edu/tools_i.htmGoogle Scholar
- Grid Resource Management System (GRMS). http://www.gridlab.org/grmsGoogle Scholar
- Julita Corbalan, Alejandro Duran, Jesus Labarta. Dynamic Load Balancing of MPI+OpenMP applications. ICPP04, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. 2004.Google Scholar
- Kurowski K., Nabrzyski J., Oleksiak, A., Weglarz, J. Multicriteria Aspects of Grid Resource Management. In Grid Resource Management edited by J. Nabrzyski, J. Schopf, and J. Weglarz, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston/Dordrecht/London. 2003.Google Scholar
- Kurowski, K., Ludwiczak, B., Nabrzyski, J., Oleksiak, A., Pukacki, J. Improving Grid Level Throughput Using Job Migration and Rescheduling Techniques in GRMS. Scientific Programming. IOS Press. Amsterdam The Netherlands 12:4 (2004) 263-273Google Scholar
- Kurowski, K., Oleksiak, A., Nabrzyski, J., Kwiecień, A., Wojtkiewicz, M., Dyczkowski, M., Guim, F., Corbalan, J., Labarta, J.. Multi-criteria Grid Resource Management using Performance Prediction Techniques, In Proceeding of the CoreGrid Integration Workshop, Pisa, 2005.Google Scholar
- Cathy McCan, Raj Vaswani, John Zahorjan. A Dynamic Processor Allocation Policy for Multiprogrammed Shared-Memory Multiprocessors. ACM Transactions on Computer Systems. 1993.Google Scholar
- Ivan Rodero, Julita Corbalan, Rosa M. Badia and Jesus Labarta. eNANOS Grid Resource Broker. P.M.A. Sloot et al.(Eds.): EGC 2005, LNCS 3470, Amsterdam. February 2005.Google Scholar
- Ivan Rodero, Francesc Guim, Julita Corbalan and Jesus Labarta. eNANOS: Coordinated Scheduling in Grid Environments. Parallel Computing (ParCo) 2005, Malaga, Spain, September 2005.Google Scholar
- Ivan Rodero, Francesc Guim, Julita Corbalan and Jesus Labarta. How the JSDL can Exploit the Parallelism?. 6th IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid2006), Singapore, 16-19 May 2006.Google Scholar
- Francesc Guim, Ivan Rodero, Julita Corbalan, Jesus Labarta, Ariel Oleksiak, Jarek Nabrzyski. Uniform job monitoring using the hpc-europa single point of access. International Workshop on Grid Testbeds, in conjuntion with CCGrid2006, Singapore, 16-19 May 2006.Google Scholar