Part of the Advances in Behavioral Biology book series (ABBI, volume 57)
Dissociation Between the Potent β-Amyloid Protein Pathway Inhibition and Cholinergic Actions of the Alzheimer Drug Candidates Phenserine and Cymserine
KeywordsCholinesterase Inhibitor Human Neuroblastoma Cell Anticholinesterase Activity Human AChE Tricyclic Ring
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lahiri D, Chen D, Vivien D, et al. The role of cytokines in the gene expression of amyloid β-protein precursor: identification of a 5′UTR binding nuclear factor and its implications for Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimer Dis 2003;5:81–90.Google Scholar
- Venti A, Giordano T, Eder P, et al. The integrated role of desferrioxamine and phenserine targeted to an iron-responsive element in the APP-mRNA 5′-untranslated region. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1035:34–44.Google Scholar
- Greig NH. Drug entry to the brain and its pharmacologic manipulation. In, Handb Exp Pharmacol 1992;103:487–523.Google Scholar
- Greig NH, Yu QS, Utsuki T, et al. Optimizing drugs for brain action. In: Koliber D, Lustig S, Shapira S (eds) Blood-Brain Barrier Drug Delivery and Brain Pathology. New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum, 2002, pp 281–309.Google Scholar
- Thal LJ. Therapeutics and mild cognitive impairment: current status and future directions. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 2003;17(suppl 2):S69–S71.Google Scholar
- Greig NH, Sambamurti K, Yu QS, et al. Butyrylcholinesterase: its selective inhibition and relevance to Alzheimer's disease. In: Giacobini E (ed) Butyrylcholinesterase: Its Function and Inhibition. London: Martin Dunitz, 2003, pp 69–90.Google Scholar
- Massoulie J. Molecular forms and anchoring of acetylcholinesterase. In: Giacobini E (ed) Cholinesterases and Cholinesterase Inhibitors. London: Martin Dunitz, 2000, pp 81–102.Google Scholar
- Silman I, Millard CB, Ordentlich A, et al. A preliminary comparison of structural models for catalytic intermediates of acetylcholinesterase. Chem Biol Interact 1999;May 14:119–120.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2008