Pregnancy – Pharmacological Problems
This chapter covers the use of insulin, insulin analogues, and oral hypoglycemics, as well as other drugs relevant for use before or during pregnancy and lactation in women with diabetes.
KeywordsHuman Insulin Insulin Glargine Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Insulin Aspart Insulin Lispro
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Wyatt JW, Frias JL, Hoyme HE, Jovanovic L, Kaaja R, Brown F, Garg S, Lee-Parritz A, Seely EW, Kerr L, Mattoo V, Tan M, IONS study group. Congenital anomaly rate in offspring of mothers with diabetes treated with insulin lispro during pregnancy. Diabet Med. 2005;22(6):803–807.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 8.Elisabeth R. Mathiesen, Brendan Kinsley, Stephanie A. Amiel, Simon Heller, David McCance, Santiago Duran, Shannon Bellaire, Anne Raben on behalf of the Insulin Aspart Pregnancy Study Group: Maternal Glycemic Control and Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetic Pregnancy: A randomized trial of insulin aspart versus human insulin in 322 pregnant women. Diabetes Care 30:771–776.Google Scholar
- 9.David McCance D, Damm P, Mathiesen ER, Kaaja K, Dunne F, Hod M, Jensen LE, Mersebach H. No increase in insulin antibodies and no clear evidence of transfer of insulin aspart across the placenta in pregnant women with type 1 diabetes. Abstrakt ADA 2007.Google Scholar
- 11.Woolderink JM, van Loon AJ, Storms F, de Heide L, Hoogenberg K. Use of insulin glargine during pregnancy in seven type 1 diabetic women. Diabetes Care 2006;29:471–472.Google Scholar
- 13.Elliot B, Langer O, Schenker S, Johnson RF. Insignificant transfer of glyburide occurs across the human placenta. Am J Obest Gynecol 1991;165:807–812.Google Scholar
- 16.Vandermolen DT, Ratts VS, Evans WS, Stovall DW, Kauma SW, Nestler JE. Metformin increases the ovulatory rate and pregnancy rate from clomiphene citrate in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome who are resistant to clomiphene citrate alone. Fertil Steril 2001;75:310–315.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 20.Hale TW, Kristensen JH, Hackett LP, Kohan R, Ilett KF: Transfer of metformin into human milk. Diabetologia 2002:45:1504–1514.Google Scholar
- 26.National High Blood Pressure Education Program. National Institutes of Health Publication No. 00–3029. Revised 2000.Google Scholar
- 27.Khandelwai M, Kumanova M, Gaughan JP, Reece EA: Role of diltiazem in pregnant women with chronic renal disease. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2002;12:408–412.Google Scholar
- 29.Rush JE, Snyder DL, Barrish A, Hichens M: Comment on Huttunen K, Gronhagen-Riska C and Fyhrquist F, 1989. Enalapril treatment of a nursing mother with slightly impaired renal function. Clin Nephrol 31: 278. Clin Nephrol 1991;35:234.Google Scholar
- Statins: beware during pregnancy. Prescrire Int. 2006;15:18–19.Google Scholar
- 38.Damm P, Mathiesen ER, Petersen KR, Kjos S. Contraception after GDM. Diabetes Care in press 2007.Google Scholar
- 39.World Health Organisation. Medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use. 3rd Edition WHO, Geneva, Switzerland 2004.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007