Technological change has placed a strain on the educational system. In trying to keep pace with the information explosion associated with the technology revolution, educators have had to devote more time and energy to simple information transfer, leaving little time to help beginners apply information.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anthony, D. (2002). Online courses in the therapies survey. Information Technology in Nursing 14(4):13–25. Google Scholar
- Chang, B. (1986). Computer-aided instruction in nursing education. In: WereIy, H.H., J. Fitzpatrick, & R. Traunton, (eds.) Annual Review of Nursing Research, vol. 4. New York: Springer, pp. 217–233. Google Scholar
- Edwards, M.J.A. (2002). The Internet for Nurses and Allied Health Professionals, 3rd ed. New York: Springer. Google Scholar
- e-learners.com Inc. (2005). What Is e-Learning? http://www.elearners.com/ resources/elearning-faq1.asp (accessed February 21, 2005). Google Scholar
- Hannah, R.S. (1998). Designing Multimedia for Health Education. Unpublished. Google Scholar
- Harless, W.G., Drennan, G.G., Marxer, J.J., Root, W.G. & Miller, G.E. (1971). CASE: a computer-aided simulation of the clinical encounter. Journal of Medical Education 47:443–448. Google Scholar
- Jenkins, T.M., Ball, M.J., & Bruns, B.M. (1983). The state of the art in technology assisted learning. In: AAMSI Proceedings. Google Scholar
- Jerram, P. & Gosney, M.(1996). Multimedia Power Tools. New York: Random House. Google Scholar
- Khoiny, F.E. (1996). Factors that contribute to computer-assisted instruction effectiveness. Computers in Nursing 13(4):165–168. Google Scholar
- Kristof, R., & Satran, A. (1995). Interactivity by Design, Mountain View, CA: Adobe Press. Google Scholar
- Locatis, C. (1992). Authoring Systems. Bethesda, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine. Google Scholar
- Lopuck, L. (1996). Designing Multimedia: A Visual Guide to Multimedia and Online Graphic Design. Berkeley, CA: Peachpit Press. Google Scholar
- MERLOT. (2005). MERLOT Tasting Room. http://taste.merlot.org(accessed February 21, 2005). Google Scholar