Radiation Oncology for Tumors of the Central Nervous System: Improving the Therapeutic Index
Part of the M. D. Anderson Cancer Care Series book series (MDCCS)
KeywordsPituitary Adenoma Malignant Glioma Radiat Oncol Biol Phys Conformal Radiotherapy Stereotactic Radiotherapy
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aoyama H, Shirato H, Nakagawa K, Taga M. Interim report of the JROSG99–1 multi-institutional randomized trial, comparing radiosurgery alone vs. radiosurgery plus whole brain irradiation for 1–4 brain metastases. [Abstract] ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings 2004;23:108.Google Scholar
- Griffin TW. White matter necrosis, microangiopathy and intellectual abilities in survivors of childhood leukemia. Association with central nervous system irradiation and methorexate therapy. In: Gilbert HA, Kagan AR, eds. Radiation Damage to the Nervous System. New York, NY: Raven Press; 1980:155–174.Google Scholar
- Karim AB, Afra D, Cornu P, et al. Randomized trial on the efficacy of radiotherapy for cerebral low-grade glioma in the adult: European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Study 22845 with the Medical Research Council study BRO4: an interim analysis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2002;52:316–324.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Nelson DF, Curran WJ Jr, Scott C, et al. Hyperfractionated radiation therapy and bis-chlorethyl nitrosourea in the treatment of malignant glioma—possible advantage observed at 72.0 Gy in 1.2 Gy B.I.D. fractions: report of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group Protocol 8302. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1993;25:193–207.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Shaw E, Arusell R, Scheithauer B, et al. Prospective randomized trial of low- versus high-dose radiation therapy in adults with supratentorial low-grade glioma: initial report of a North Central Cancer Treatment Group/Radiation Therapy Oncology Group/Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study. J Clin Oncol 2002;20:2267–2276.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007