A group of scientists put five monkeys in a cage, at the center of which they placed a ladder with a bunch of bananas hanging above. When one of the monkeys climbed the ladder to get at the bananas, the scientists sprayed the others with cold water. After a while, whenever a monkey tried to climb the ladder, the others would drag it back down and beat it. In the end, none of them would dare climb the ladder, despite the temptation of the bananas. Then, the scientists replaced one of the monkeys.
KeywordsFamily Firm Psychopathic Trait Human Resource Department Company Project Smart People
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nature (2005): “The Chimpanzee Genome,” Nature, 437 (7055).Google Scholar
- 2.Malone, T. (2004): The Future of Work. Boston MA: Harvard Business School Press.Google Scholar
- 9.Reich, R.B. (2000): The Future of Success. New York: Alfred A. Knopft.Google Scholar
- 16.Semler, R. (2001): Radical. Barcelona: Gestión 2000.Google Scholar
- 20.Labich, K. (1988): “Big Changes at Big Brown,” Fortune, January 18: 56.Google Scholar
- 22.Kreitner, R. and Kinicki, A. (2001): Organizational Behavior. New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- 25.Fernández Aguado, F. and Aguilar, J. (2004): La soledad del directivo. Madrid: Mind Value.Google Scholar
- 27.Hare, R. (2003): Sin conciencia. El inquietante mundo de los psicópatas que nos rodean. Barcelona: Paidós.Google Scholar
- 32.Kets de Vries, M. (2001) The Leadership Mystique: A User’s Manual for the Human Enterprise, London: Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- 33.Wolpert, L. (1998): The Unnatural Nature of Science. Boston MA: Harvard Business School Press.Google Scholar