Kinetic modelling of the E. coli metabolism
We describe a general strategy that enables us to develop kinetic models of large-scale metabolic systems by collecting and using available metabolic and gene regulation experimental data. The approach could be used to explore the local and global regulatory properties of metabolic pathways, and to predict how cell genome modifications can meet specific biotechnological and biomedical criteria. We have successfully applied the strategy for the development and applications of detailed kinetic models of catabolic and anabolic pathways of E. coli.
KeywordsCatalytic Cycle Dihydroxy Acid Threonine Dehydratase Histidinol Phosphate Acetohydroxy Acid Isomeroreductase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6. Cleland WW The kinetics of enzyme-catalysed reactions with two or more substrates or products. Biochim Biophys Acta 67:104-137Google Scholar
- 7. Cornish-Bouden A (2001) Fundamentals of enzyme kinetic. Portland Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 10. Engel S, Vyazmensky M, Barak Z, Chipman DM, Merchuk JC (2000) Determination of the dissociation constant of valine from acetohydroxy acid synthase by equilibrium partition in an aqueous two-phase system. J Chromatogr B 743:225-229Google Scholar
- 18. Ivanitzky GR, Krinsky VI, Selkov EE (1978) Mathematical biophysics of the cell. Nauka, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- 27. Umbarger HE (1996) Escherichia coli and Salmonella: cellular and molecular biology: ASM Press, Washington DC:442-458Google Scholar