MHEG-5 application development
In parallel to the development of the MHEG-5 multimedia middleware which includes MHEG-5 clients, converter and an authoring tool, the IMMP project has developed a number of MHEG-5 applications for end user trials. These trials take place in Finland, Sweden, Spain and the UK. For the development of the applications several different tools and methods have been used. They will be introduced in this paper. Several design issues how to best implement various application features in MHEG-5 will be discussed along the line of two applications: A European travel weather forecast and several language courses.
KeywordsRemote Control Multimedia Content Application Developer Authoring Tool Window Application
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IMMP Home Page: http://www-nrc.nokia.com/immpGoogle Scholar
- 2.[HyperText Mark-up Language (HTML): http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUpGoogle Scholar
- 3.ISO/IEC 13522-1, Information technology — Coding of Multimedia and Hypermedia information — Part 1: MHEG object representation-Base notation (ASN.1)Google Scholar
- 4.ISO/IEC IS 13522-5, Information technology — Coding of Multimedia and Hypermedia information — Part 5: MHEG Subset for Base Level Implementation.Google Scholar
- 5.Klaus Hofrichter: MHEG 5 — Standardized Presentation Objects for the Set Top Unit Environment, in Proceedings of the European Workshop on Interactive Distributed Multimedia Systems and Services, Berlin, Germany, 4–6 March 1996, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1996Google Scholar
- 6.Petra Hoepner, Klaus Hofrichter, Angela Scheller, Sami Tikka, Jaripekka Salminen, Antti Ylä-Jääski: IMMP development environment for interactive services, ECMAST96Google Scholar
- 7.Profile for MHEG5 Applications, IMMP Internal Document, A. Kraft 30.8.96Google Scholar
- 8.DAVIC 1.2 Specifications Part 09: Information Representation, Technical Specification, 1997Google Scholar
- 9.DAVIC 1.2 Specifications Part 01: Description of DAVIC Functionalities, Technical Report, 1997Google Scholar
- 10.DAVIC 1.2 Specifications Part 05: Service Consumer System Architecture and High Level API, Technical Specification, 1997Google Scholar
- 11.DAVIC 1.2 Specifications Part 13: Conformance and Operability, Technical Report, 1997Google Scholar
- 12.Advances in Information Technologies: The Business Challenge, IOS Press, ISBN 90 5199 385 4, 1998Google Scholar