RoboCup-3D: The construction of intelligent navigation system
RoboCup-3D is the attempt to build a virtual three-dimensional viewer for the RoboCup software league. Intelligent Navigation System(INS) is a basic concept of this RoboCup-3D, and it aims at creating a system which assists and navigates human cognition and activity in virtual three-dimensional space. Based on INS, we built SPACE, which is the first three-dimensional viewer for the RoboCup software league. In this paper, we are proposing the basic concept of this research and will show the possibility and the aims of future research of INS based on the analysis of SPACE.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.3D Planet.: 3D Assistant. http://www.3dplanet.com/Google Scholar
- 2.Atsushi Shinjoh.: The construction of the interactive space. In Proceedings of the First International Conference on GeoComputation, volume-II, pages 739–749, Leeds, UK, September 1996.Google Scholar
- 3.Gibson, J. J.: The Preception of the Visual World. Allen and Unwin:London, 1950.Google Scholar
- 4.Hiroaki Kitano, Minoru Asada, Yasuo Kuniyoshi, Itsuki Noda, and Eiichi Osawa.: RoboCup:The Robot World Cup Initiative. In Proceedings of IJCAI-95 Workshop on Entertainment and AI/Alife, Montreal, 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.Hiroaki Kitano, Minoru Asada, Yasuo Kuniyoshi, Itsuki Noda, and Eiichi Osawa.: RoboCup:The Robot World Cup Initiative. In Proceedings of The First International Conference on Autonomous Agent(Agent-97), Marina del Ray, The ACM Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.Itsuki Noda.: Soccer Server Manual. http://ci.etl.go.jp/≈noda/research/kyocho/soccer/manual.newest/main.html.Google Scholar
- 7.Maes, P.: Modeling Adaptive Autonomous Agents. Artificial Life, 1 (1994) 135–162Google Scholar
- 8.OpenGL Architecture Review Board.: OpenGL Programming Guide. Addison Wesley, 1993.Google Scholar
- 9.Rodger Lea, Kenichi Matsuda, and Ken Miyashita.: Java for 3D and VRML worlds. New Riders publishing, 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.SunMicrosystems,Inc.: Java 3D API Specification. http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/3D/forDevelopers/3Dguide/j3DTOC.doc.html, 1997.Google Scholar
- 11.VRML consortium. VRML97 specification. http://www.vrml.org/Specifications/VRML97/.Google Scholar