A practical application of graphics recognition: Helping with the extraction of information from telephone company drawings
This paper presents an application of graphics recognition technology to tackle specific problems to help in the extraction of information from telephone company drawings. Our approach is contrary to the view of creating graphics recognition systems that can handle different types of problems and perform automated conversion. In this paper we present an example where a small system was constructed to help in the extraction of title information to correct the information in an existing drawings database.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chhabra, A., Misra, V., Arias, J.: Detection of horizontal lines in noisy run length encoded images: The FAST method. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, 1072 (1996) 35–48Google Scholar
- 2.Arias, J., Chhabra, A., Misra, V.: Efficient Interpretation of Tabular Documents. Proc. of ICPR (1996) 681–685Google Scholar
- 3.Stonebraker, M., et al: On rules, procedures, caching and views in database systems. Proc. of ACM-SIGMOD Conference (1990)Google Scholar
- 4.Hamilton, G., Cattell, R.: JDBCTM: A Java SQL API. (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.MacLean, B., Medeiros, J., Mount, P.: JavaPostgres95 0.3. http://www.demon.co. uk/finder/postgresGoogle Scholar