Hybrid regular expressions
In this paper, we consider the problem verifying hybrid systems modelled by linear hybrid automata. We extend the traditional regular expressions with time constraints and use them as a language to describe the behaviour of a class of linear hybrid automata. The extended notation is called Hybrid Regular Expression (HRE). Based on linear programming, we show that for the class of linear hybrid automata whose behaviour can be represented by HREs, two class of reachability problems and the satisfaction problem for linear duration invariants are decidable.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Thomas A. Henzinger. The theory of hybrid automata. In Proceedings of the 11th Annual IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS 1996), pp. 278–292.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Alur, C. Courcoubetis, N. Halbwachs, T.A. Henzinger, P.-H.Ho, X. Nicollin, A. Olivero, J. Sifakis, S. Yovine. The algorithmic analysis of hybrid systems. In Theoretical Computer Science, 138 (1995), pp.3–34.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhou Chaochen, C.A.R. Hoare, A.P. Ravn. A Calculus of Durations. In Information Processing Letter, 40, 5, 1991, pp.269–276.Google Scholar
- 4.Zhou Chaochen, Zhang Jingzhong, Yang Lu and Li Xiaoshan. Linear Duration Invariants. In Formal Techniques in Real-Time and Fault-Tolerant Systems, LNCS 863, pp.88–109.Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Kesten, A. Pnueli, J. Sifakis, S. Yovine. Integration Graphs: A Class of Decidable Hybrid Systems. In Hybrid System, LNCS 736, pp.179–208.Google Scholar
- 6.Rajeev Alur, Costas Courcoudetis, and Thomas A. Henzinger. Computing Accumulated Delays in Real-time Systems. In Proc. CAV'93, LNCS 818, pp.181–193.Google Scholar
- 7.Thomas A. Henzinger, Peter W. Kopke, Anuj Puri, and Pravin Varaiya. What's Decidable About Hybrid Automata? In Proc. of the 27th Annual ACM Symposium on Theorey of Computing (STOC), 1995, pp.373–382.Google Scholar
- 8.Eugene Asarin, Paul Caspi, Oded Mater. A Kleene Theorem for Timed Automata. In Proceedings of Logic in Computer Science, IEEE Comp. Soc., 1997.Google Scholar
- 9.Li Xuandong, Dang Van Hung. Checking Linear Duration Invariants by Linear Programming. In Concurrence and Parallelism, Programming, Networking, and Security, LNCS 1179, pp.321–332.Google Scholar
- 10.Li Xuandong, Dang Van Hung, and Zheng Tao. Checking Hybrid Automata for Linear Duration Invariants. In Advance in Computing Science-ASIAN'97, LNCS 1345, pp.166–180.Google Scholar